Weight loss tracker

Friday, October 15, 2010

No News is Good News I guess

Good afternoon readers! I’m sorry I haven’t written in a while but really there hasn’t been much to talk about. I have currently lost 61lbs. I have been trying to cut back my calories a bit because my weight loss has slowed down a bit and I am only losing one or two pounds a week. Unfortunately my schedule has been weird and I have only made it to the gym twice a week. One thing that is nice though is that I took three weeks off from the gym due to hectic schedules and was really rejuvenated by the break. I was riding the exercise bike for an hour or more before. Now between the break and losing more weight I have more energy and have been able to start my workout with a short run on the elliptical machine and then move to the bike. I have a bad knee so I can’t do things with impact. But I feel better being able to run on the elliptical.


One bad habit I’ve been getting into is drinking too much. Or wait I mean too often. I love wine. I have loved wine since I spent a summer in Italy. So at the end of a long day I find it very nice to sit down with a glass and relax. Those are calories I definitely don’t need. Also since the surgery I don’t like other liquor very much. I never drank beer. So when my boyfriend is having a few drinks on the weekend, I’m drinking wine. Once or twice during the week too. That is too many calories. I really have to cut back. But since I really do enjoy my wine (the taste, not the buzz) It’s tough. Part of the cutting back plan is that I try not to buy it. If it’s not in the house I can’t drink it. It’s working slowly. I just remind myself that I’ll lose weight faster if I’m not drinking it.

I have also learned that milkshakes are bad. My tiny tummy does not like them which is a bummer because I love them. I don’t have them very often but I do love them. I went with my co workers to have a short meeting at Potbelly’s sandwiches the other day and I had already eaten lunch but I thought a small milkshake would be yummy. Now I didn’t intend to drink the whole thing. I knew my stomach couldn’t do that. I planned on drinking half of the small and just enjoying it a little bit. Unfortunately after about a fourth of that little milkshake I started to feel sick. I stopped drinking it but it was too late. I started to feel a little dizzy, then I had hot flashes, and next I was running to the bathroom. I went back to my desk and cuddled in my chair in a ball hoping my tiny tummy would stop hurting me. I realized that I have had a milkshake a couple of times since the surgery and I got sick every time. I thought it was a coincidence but I’m starting to think that I was wrong. That will make me sad if I can no longer have milkshakes.

Also my doctor decided to cut back on my anti-depressant. She thinks that now that I am lighter I can get by with less meds. Actually she was right. She was asking me about how I had been feeling and we discovered that I had been having a reaction to the extra meds. It hadn’t even occurred to me. So we’ve cut back and the weird things I was feeling have gone away. I did have some days this week when I was in a bad mood but that could just be normal bad moods, not a reaction to the lowering of the meds. I’m not sure. I’ll just keep an eye on it but I think I’m ok.



So that is about it. Nothing more to report here. I hope you are all well. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for surgery but it is good to hear how it is down the road. Congrats on the 60lbs! I didn't know we could have those kind of symptoms. Good to know :)

    ReplyDelete