Weight loss tracker

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Clothes Horse

Good Afternoon readers! Sorry I haven’t written in a bit but I haven’t had much to report lately. I feel great today. I have been spending too much money updating my fall wardrobe and enjoying it. I’m trying not to buy too much because I am still shrinking but I’ve had to buy some things. I only have two pairs of pants in the size I am wearing now so I had to buy another pair. I don’t have any in the next size down so I have ordered a few so I am prepared when I drop my next size. I have bought some tops and sweaters but a lot of those will fit as I lose. My upper body always looses weight first. Right now I’m really in-between so I have a tiny waist but huge hips. I carry most of my weight in my lower body so it takes longer to lose there. Some of the tops might get too big but most probably won’t. They’ll just fit better or a little loose. Not a problem.


Of course though my mother has to tell me how fat my thighs look and how I dress badly and don’t hide it. Sorry I choose not to live in sweat pants but I actually leave the house. Today I am wearing a completely new outfit and I love it. Surprisingly enough Mummy dearest actually loved it too. That is a rarity. So I’m feeling pretty today. I wish Coach could see me but I won’t see him until we go to the gym tonight. We have been very bad and have taken the last two weeks off and we need to kick our routine back in.

Coach’s parents have been so supportive. Every time I go over to his house his mother says “I can’t believe how skinny you look” and yesterday his dad pointed out that my pants are getting too big. Coach is so wonderful too. He was worried that their comments might bother me. I told him no, they don’t. Since Mummy-dearest has been so nasty with her comments lately it’s nice to have someone tell me I look good. My friend Sweets is trying to lose weight now too. Her sister is getting married and she wants to look good for the wedding. She has trouble finding a diet plan that works for her too. I suggested she look into the sleeve. I don’t know if it would be the right thing for her but researching it would help her determine that for herself. She decided against it though. She has been using weight watchers and says its working. So I’m happy for her. I think that those few miserable moments would be harder on her then they were on me so she probably made the right choice.

Also I am reminded that you really need to be determined and committed for this tool to help you. The Aunt said to me the other day that she walked all over on her vacation and didn’t lose a pound. The way she said it made me think “what do you want me to do about it” Like it was my fault or something. (Actually she decided to do this first, I was just the one who made the doctor’s appointment and had the surgery first). I asked her what she ate on vacation and she said “I didn’t have any desserts” which made me think that she probably wasn’t eating the best meals if she only mentioned no desserts. But the thing is I can have dessert. I do sometimes. I just don’t all the time. The bottom line is that it comes down to how committed you are. She didn’t read the research I gathered before the surgery. She hasn’t followed up with the dietitian. She didn’t follow the diet. She says she feels bulimic from all the throwing up she does. If she is getting sick that often then she is eating too much and hasn’t learned to listen to her body. She should have learned that by now. Not to say that I don’t get sick. But it happens more and more rarely. Accidents happen but for the most part I have learned how much is right for my new tiny tummy. I feel bad for her because she got sleeved two weeks after me and has lost twenty pounds less than me. But she is doing it to herself. I keep wondering what our doctor says to her at her visits. Not that she tells him the truth about what she does anyway but I wonder what he says. Oh well sigh, can’t do anything about it.

Well folks, I just wanted to write a little something and keep you up to date on my progress. Keep reading and I’ll keep writing when I have something worth saying.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work hun... I just been on my first shop because I needed some work clothes, bought them tight so that they will last longer. I can't wait to go for the next shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your stuff. It mirrors so much that goes on in my head. Thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete