Weight loss tracker

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Countdown begins!


Hello there Girls and Boys! So here we are, I have a surgery date set and today is officially one month until surgery. I am really bummed because the nurse at the doctor’s office lead me to believe that if I got my paperwork in soon enough I could go at the end of April. So that is a bummer but at least it is all set. So the countdown has begun. Thirty days from today I will be sleeved and start a new life free from that ball and chain that food has become. I can’t wait. In anticipation of this miraculous event I am making all kinds of preparations. I have purchased gummy vitamins for after the surgery. I am buying and trying different protein shakes. I have even bought a couple tops that are a size smaller in order to be sure that I have work clothes. I know, I’m probably going overboard but it’s constantly on my mind.

I have been getting lots of support from my boyfriend, Coach and from Mummy-dearest. Red and the Aunt have been really supportive too. I was not so thrilled with Mr. Crabby-Ass last week though. He has been really negative about the whole thing. Both of my brothers think that doing this is cheating. HELLO, at least four weeks on a liquid diet is cheating??? I mean come on! I am completely changing my life and my stomach. I am not going to be able to just diet for a while, drop the weight and go back to life as usual. This is a permanent change! It’s a life choice, not just a diet!

 I don’t know why they don’t get that. I mean for Mr. Crabby-Ass to lose weight he ate very small breakfast and lunches and then had a can of dry plain tuna for dinner every night. Yuck! (I’d rather go on the liquid diet) But then when he was done loosing he went back to life as normal. I was shocked to run into him at a baseball game with a huge plate of nachos covered in cheese! Luckily, even though Mr. Crabby-Ass has been spreading his poisonous thoughts in Mummy-dearest’s ears she hasn’t been buying. It’s made her curious and she has asked a few questions just for the sake of having answers but she is still whole-heartedly on my side. She also defends my choice to Mr. Crabby-Ass who insists that he is only doing this because he cares. I’m not so sure about that. But Mummy-dearest has to be behind me on this because she is holding the purse strings. My insurance won’t cover it so she is paying. I’m glad he hasn’t been able to persuade her otherwise. It was her idea to begin with after her friend had the surgery and was so happy.


So I am anxiously awaiting May 19th. But unfortunately I don’t think my fat pants will make it that long. I just started a new job in an environment where I have to dress professionally. My last job had a very casual atmosphere so I was able to wear jeans and a t-shirt every day. I didn’t have the clothes for this job. I have bought a few things to try to get me by until I start losing weight since I didn’t want to waste my money. But my one pair of dress pants is starting to get a hole so it’s looking like I will have to spend the money to buy another pair of fat pants. Which pisses me off. I’ll get them and wear them for maybe four weeks, less if I lose on the pre-op diet. That sucks since I am trying to save up money for a house and a new car. Its money I don’t really need to spend right now. :P But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Once I star loosing I’ll be ok I think because I’ll have all the clothes that I wore while I got to this crazy weight. So that shouldn’t be too bad. Sigh. 30 days and counting…….

4 comments:

  1. Hi! So pleased to come across your blog. I'll be having the sleeve in a couple of months, and I've started a blog, as well! Hope we can keep in touch and encourage each other! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry! Good Luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, glad I ran across your blog! What a beauty you are!!!
    Ignore Mr. Crabby-ass..This is not the easy way out, this is no simple task this is simply a tool. Crabby's tool was obviously a can of tuna...ew... I agree with you, I would rather be on liquids! You are a young woman and you have the rest of your life to enjoy thanks to the sleeve. I was sleeved 3 months ago, and have lost 42 pounds and can already tell a huge difference in my life. I don't have as much to lose as some folk so my loss has been a little slower. However, for the first time in 7 years, the scales are actually going in the right direction..I can live with that.. Oh, and I am 55 so things move slow anyway! Good luck, you will be thrilled with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks alot! I can't wait. I'm glad you are having such a good experience!

    ReplyDelete