Weight loss tracker

Monday, April 5, 2010

Introduction

Good Evening Readers!

So I'll introduce myself, I am (almost) 29 years old and live in Michigan. I am currently living with my mom due to our lovely economy. But I guess I can't really complain. I just got a new job after 8 months of being unemployed. I got a great job in Marketing at an agency that has great benifits and a great envoirnment. I am still feeling my way around because it is such a different atmosphere then I am used to. I have been with my boyfriend for the last three years. He is a great guy who is a total fitness nut. He loves working out and is always obsessing over his muscles,LOL. I have two younger brothers, one who I don't get along with very well. We just never see eye to eye on anything. the other one I get along with alright. But they both always seem crabby and a little angry. I have two cats and a dog. My mom has two dogs. So there are a lot of animals in our house. I'm not surw what else to tell you about me.

I'm starting this blog to record my experience when I get Sleeve Gastrectomy. I have really struggled with my weight the last few years. I have tried every diet, pill, and exercise program you can think of and nothing has really helped. My thyroid doctor had recommended weightloss surgery a few years ago because she didn't know why I wasn't loosing weight. Recently a friend of my mom's got the sleeve and she has been so happy. So my mom suggested it to me. Now I don't do things on impulse. It's just not in my make up (at least not about something big like this). I researched it and decided that I really wanted to do this. I didn't even tell my boyfriend about it until after I made the decision. I knew he would support me, especially if it would make me healthier. But it was a decision I needed to make for myself and by myself. I'm not really telling people I am doing this. Most people think that surgery is too extreme. They just don't understand how it changes the lives of the people who do it. My mom convinced me to tell my brothers and they reacted badly. Basically (like I expected) they didn't understand why I couldn't just get some self control and were very negative. So I'm planning on keeping this to myself.

Right now I am still trying to get the Authorization before I can schedule the surgery. I have approval from my doctor and have met with my surgen. This week I will get my psych eval and then I will be able to schedule surgery. The timing isn't great because I just started a new job but I don't want to wait. All I think about is this surgery and how my life is going to change. I can't wait. I'm so excited.


While reading someone elses blog I read one where the writer used code names for the people in her life. It added entertainment to the blog so I am going to follow this example and do the same. For the purpose of this journal I am going by the name Raven. Here are the others you will encounter here:

Coach- My boyfriend of three years. He is big into health and fitness. The gym is his obsession. So since he helps me in my workouts I call him Coach.

Mommy dearest- would be my mom who I live with.

Red- My favorite Cousin and one of the few people I have told about my surgery

Mr Cranky-ass - My brother who I rarely get a long with

Mr not so Cranky-ass - My youngest brother who I get along with but who is very often crabby.

The Aunt - My closest aunt who is also going to have the surgery. We will be doing this together

I'll probably be adding to the cast of charactors as time goes by. We'll just have to see who comes up.

1 comment: