Weight loss tracker

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Who to tell?

Yesterday Mummy-dearest went to her doctor for a physical and was able to ask her some questions about the surgery. So now she has answers to Mr Crabby-Ass’s questions. She found out that no, if I gain weight again after my stomach will not stretch so thin that it bursts like a balloon. LOL Yes he did suggest this to her. So she now has a definite no on that one. That is one hurtle down.
Overall I have decided not to tell anyone about the surgery with the exception of the few people I have to. I knew Coach would be supportive so I didn’t even tell him I was thinking about it until I made the decision. His opinion is that if it is going to make me healthier then it was a good idea. Mummy-dearest is the one who suggested it to me (and is paying for it) so of course she knows. She made me tell my brothers. I knew they would not be supportive but she was under the delusion that they would be. Also, Mr. Not-So-Crabby-Ass will be moving home after he graduates from college on May first. So he will be home when I go through the surgery and am on the liquid diet. Kinda hard to hide that, “No, I just don’t eat solid food anymore.” LOL. So if I had to tell one then I had to tell both. The Aunt was considering doing the surgery with me. She is going to have to wait a bit because she is going on vacation while I’ll be having surgery. And I told Red because she is like my big sister and wouldn’t judge me. She is pretty easy going. That was it. I don’t want any of the rest of my gossipy, and judgemental family to know. I’m just going to tell them that I am on a super strict diet and leave it at that.

But today one of my best friends called and I felt the urge to tell her. It surprised me because I didn’t even consider calling her when I was debating the decision. I just knew that telling my friends was out of the question. I have even felt a little pressure to get together with one of my other close friends because I know with our conflicting schedules it will take a while to get a date to hang out and I want to see her before my liquid diet starts so that I will probably have no trouble not seeing her during the most restrictive part of the diet. That way I can tell her the strict diet story and not have her know about the surgery. I also haven’t told any other friends and have been doing my best to keep it secret. So today when (we’ll call her Sweets, like Dr Sweets from the show Bones), Sweets called I was surprised to feel like I wanted to tell her about it. I don’t think she will be super judgmental or anything. I just felt like I wanted to keep it on the down-low and have as few people know as possible. I don’t know if I should tell her or not. I kinda want to share the news because I am so excited about it. But I also don’t want her to worry about me.

One last note for today, I found this funny. My supportive boyfriend Coach was asking me what I want for my birthday next month. My birthday is a few days after my surgery so going out to dinner is going to be out. I answered that I wasn’t sure what I wanted but that he had plenty of time to figure it out. He laughed and said that he knows what I want. I asked what and he answered that I want jello shots made with sugar-free jello since that is allowed on my diet. LOL How cute is he! That is his way of trying to be supportive. He wasn’t thinking about the fact that I won’t be able to really drink, especially right after surgery but it was still cute and thoughtful of him. It definitely made me laugh, I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment