Weight loss tracker

Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 16 Post-Op

The Aunt had her surgery on Wednesday. She's home now and doing ok. She had a lot of pain from the surgery. Where my pain was mostly from the gas she said she didn't have much trouble with that, she had surgery pain. I found that interesting since we had a the same surgeon but I guess everyone is different. I've been having soup for lunch every day this week. Some times I get really bad gas afterwards. It's kinda embaressing at work. Funny, but today I didn't have that problem.

Yesterday I think something got stuck. I stole a french fry from someone at lunch. I figured if I chewed well I would be fine. But I must not have chewed the last bite as well because after that I felt like something was coming back up. It was very uncomfortable but it went away eventually. I guess I will have to be careful when I start eating more regularly. Today I had soup and a little bit of tuna salad. I only had about a fourth of a cup (maybe more) and about two tablespoons of tuna. I was not sure how much was too much since I have never felt full. So I stoped after that. Once I started walking around I started feeling full. I felt like I had eaten a little too much. Just enough to make me uncomfortable for about a half an hour. But my stomach wasn't upset by the tuna. Which is a good thing. This weekend I think I'll go to the store and get the stuff for veggie soup and put it through the blender after it's cooked. It will make good dinners next week.

I'm happy because my pants are feeling a little bigger. This morning my mom told me that she can see that I've lost weight. I haven't weighted myself though. I will tomorrow. I've set days that I am allowed to weight myself so I don't do it every day and drive myself crazy. I'm hoping to see a good loss tomorrow. The scab on my belly button incision fell off. My incision looks so much better. And I feel less afraid of it. I don't feel like I'm going to split my stomach open anymore. The scars are a little bumpy and hard but not too bad. I'm going to buy some scar cream at the store and try that out.

Another interesting thing is that I have had my period this week. I usually have crazy chocolete cravings but I haven't this time. I also usually get very hungry and I haven't felt hungry at all either. So I guess that means that the surgery worked.  No cravings and extra hunger is definately nice. But it's hard to tell some times if weird feelings in my stomach is from the period or my new tiny tummy. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment