Weight loss tracker

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Twenty Down!

Yep that’s right! I got past my stall and am now down twenty pounds! I am so excited to hit that mark. I don’t really think I look like I’ve lost weight but I can feel it a little in my clothes and knowing that I’ve lost that chunk feels good. One of my aunts commented to my mom the other day that I looked like I have lost weight. So that’s a good thing. When I hit minus fifty I’m going to buy myself a small pair of diamond studs for my second earring hole. They are only around 100$ so it’s not a crazy expensive gift but a nice one. Maybe I’ll shell out for the bigger ones for my first hole when I hit my goal weight. We’ll see. I am very excited though.


As for the dieting, I had a really nasty boost the other day and now I am afraid to drink them. The idea makes me want to be sick. I’ve been drinking other protein shakes but I need to get to the store soon cause I’m almost out of the other brands. So after that horrible experience I decided it was time to move on to pureed foods early. My first try was mashed potatoes and gravy. I took two bites and then I waited. And waited. And waited and nothing happened. When I started on the tomato soup my tiny tummy gurgled and gased a bit. But I got nothing from the potatoes. Since so many people said that they were stuffed after two bites I continued slowly. Taking two small bites at a time and then waiting. I ended up eating a whole half cup in an hours time. I was shocked that I could eat that much. My stomach didn’t have any trouble at all. So that night I got egg drop soup and tried that. I was able to eat a whole cup of that in an hour. It was so yummy! I just ate it slowly. I never felt full which worries me a little. What if I can’t tell when I’m full? I’m afraid I’ll bust a staple or make myself sick or something. But I haven’t felt full, just satisfied. So I’ve stopped when I hit that satisfied point. Sunday I had more soup and then for dinner I tried some Easy Mac. I didn’t eat the whole package but I did well. My stomach didn’t seem to mind that either. I chewed that to mush so I wouldn’t have so much trouble.

But I did have trouble later in the evening before bed. Mummy-dearest has been buying strawberries lately and they are my favorite fruit. Seeing them in the fridge has been torture. I could almost taste them every time I saw them. So I decided to try one. I took the smallest one I could find and chewed and chewed. One tiny strawberry can really last a long time when you take little bites and chew will. But right after I ate it my tiny tummy got upset. I just churned a bit and felt like I had a few little balls of led sitting in there. So I guess I’m not ready for strawberries yet. But that uncomfortable half hour might have been worth it. That strawberry was so DELICIOUS!

This morning I choked on my pills. I swear I can’t wait until I get to go back to taking capsules instead of tablets. They start to dissolve in my mouth and taste awful so I start to gag. My stomach got upset after that. It just didn’t feel good. That kept up all day. I thought having lunch would help, maybe having something more then a protein shake would do my tummy some good. WRONG! I ate some soup and after that I really felt sick. I was even thinking about going home for the afternoon. But I took a Tums and after about an hour I felt much better. I’m not sure what caused that but I’ll have to be more careful I guess. Dinner tonight will be the last of the egg drop soup which will not bother my stomach. I was supposed start back up at the gym tonight but I’ll have to see how I am feeling and if my stomach has trouble after dinner.

So far I’ve been doing pretty good I think. I am looking forward to getting back to my gym routine and to eventually going back to the weights too. And now that my stall has come to an end I’m going to get on a better schedule for weighting myself so I don’t do it every day. I got a little obsessed when I stalled and couldn’t seem to stop myself from jumping on the scale every day. But now that the stall is done and I’ve passed that big twenty pound mark I think I will be able to control myself better. My incisions are looking good. The belly button is almost healed. The other two are very red and super itchy but I guess that just means that there is healing going on inside. One thing I miss is coffee. I know I can drink it but for some reason I am very afraid of what it will do to my stomach. I can’t really explain why. But I miss my caffeine big time. I can barely stay awake without it. Hopefully I will get brave enough to try it soon. Tomorrow is the big day for The Aunt. She’s going to get sleeved! She is excited and very scared. I’m surprised because she has had other surgeries before. But Red says she gets like this before all the surgeries. I’ve given her the breakdown and warned her about which nurses to look out for at the hospital. I’m going to go see her after work tomorrow. I hope she has less gas pain then I did. I’ll let you all know how she does.

3 comments:

  1. sheesh! your doc seems much more lenient than mine. we're clear liquids for 2 weeks after surgery as well as before. THEN shakes. no soft foods like you're describing for a month!!
    i'm SO mad; i lost the 21 lbs they forced me to lose, and they said they're booked for june and july. in late july, the august schedule will come out, and they'll call me. I'M SO PISSED!!! i hafta go in and record my weight every 2 weeks to prove i'm not gaining any back.
    oh, and I have a serious Coach addiction as well :)
    congrats on your 20 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh- and they tell us no soda ever again!! i am a recovering gallon-a-day diet pepsi addict. i've stopped for about a month now and i'm SO tired all day every day without it. to my surgeon, caffeine is a big no-no; carbonation is a huge no-no. apparently they will both stretch your pouch. *whimper* :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry,

    I'm supposed to be on my pre-op diet until day 21 and then go to pureed foods but I was getting so sick at the thought of the boost I am trying soups and some pureed foods now anyway. My doctor probably wouldn't be happy if he knew. Also I am not allowed pop ever either. But I am allowed coffee which is where the caffiene comes in. But I have been too afraid of coffee bothering my stomach so I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete