Weight loss tracker

Monday, June 21, 2010

Crazy Tummy!

It’s Monday again. I seem to be writing these blogs on a weekly basis lately. I’m not sure why that’s happening but Whatever. I write when the mood strikes me. If I haven’t written in a while and you ever want to know what’s up, please post a comment. I do usually check for those even if I’m not in the mood to write.

Lately I’ve been having more bad days then good. Ok wait, I shouldn’t say that. They aren’t bad days exactly, more like frustrating and uncomfortable. Friday my tiny tummy was hating me. Everything I put in it made me feel nauseous. Even my protein water! I mean come on, it’s water with flavor and protein WTF?!?!?! So I would take two or three bites and feel the nausea starting and be done with my meal. I forced the protein water down just so I could get something good for me in my body. Then Saturday was great! Coach wanted to go to The Big Salad for dinner before we went to the Tiger’s game. I was thinking I would have soup but I thought a salad sounded so good that I decided to try it. I ate very slowly and chewed thoroughly and it was great! My tiny tummy rumbled in a way that had me thinking it was going “YUM!”. Now I only ate about 1/8 of the salad (They are called The Big Salad for a reason) but I took the rest home and have been picking at it for other meals. I also had a glass of wine at the game ( I didn’t really want one of those giant frozen drinks with all the sugar or a carbonated drink) and I drank it faster than I did my first glass a couple of weeks ago. I actually got pleasantly happy and slightly tipsy with just one glass. That certainly hasn’t happened in years.

Then Sunday came. I was worried about Sunday. Sunday was father’s day which meant time with the family (who don’t know about my surgery) I was afraid that they would notice I didn’t really eat. Just to fit in I did grab a potato chip and I sipped some Lemonade so I didn’t have a carbonated beverage. But the lemonade made my tiny tummy churn a little. I didn’t really understand why. I drank about half a glass and just carried it for a while. Luckily I ended up sitting with my Mummy-Dearest, her boyfriend, and Coach so no one else noticed how little I ate or how slow. I kept making myself take pauses and put down my fork so that I didn’t eat too fast. I had a slice of Turkey, two strawberries, a bit or two of cantaloupe, two bites of potato salad and two chips with spinach dip. My stomach wasn’t happy after that meal either. I felt a little queasy for a bit. I tried to get Coach to finish what was on my plate so it was a little less noticeable but he was full. So Mummy-Dearest saved me and threw my plate out along with hers and her boyfriend’s so no one would know that I hadn’t cleaned my plate. I knew I wouldn’t eat everything on my plate but I didn’t really put that much on it. Still there seemed like a lot left over. Later we had dessert and I wanted to try the ice cream cake that Aunt Superficial had made. I ended up sitting right in between her and her two daughters. Yikes. I had the first two bites and would have been satisfied but with them right there and with Aunt Superfical knowing about The Aunt’s surgery I didn’t want to risk them noticing I hadn’t finished my tiny piece. So I sat and slowly nibbled on it. I was just about to risk them noticing and throw the rest away when Aunt Superfical’s daughter said she wanted a second piece. I offered her the last of mine and she gobbled it up.

Later that night I tried to have a little left over salad for dinner and my tiny tummy got made. I had even less than the day before and it got gassy and queasy. So I had to stop. Today hasn’t been much better. My protein shake went down ok but the salad I tried for lunch didn’t. I think I got four small bites down before my tiny tummy was protesting too much for me to eat anymore. During my lunch hour I sit and read, taking bites every so often, so I’m eating slowly. I kept reading and then when I got up to head back to work my tummy was rumbling that it was hungry! I started back to the food court to find something quick to take back with me but the minute I smelled the foods tiny tummy started rebelling again! So I told it that if it couldn’t behave then I wasn’t giving it anything and I went back to work. Now I feel the lack of protein but there really isn’t anything I can do about that.

Another weird thing about today. My stomach hurts. Like pain from surgery sore. It’s strange. A week after surgery I was able to lay on my stomach without a problem. My kitty could walk across my stomach and unless she hit just the right spot above my belly button there were no problems. When I went to see my surgeon for the first time he pressed on my belly button and I nearly flew off the table in pain. Then I felt echoes of that pain all day long afterwards. But that was pretty much it. Today I feel it when I move. It’s strange. I am wondering if it could have something to do with carrying my little cousin around at the party yesterday. He is five and I carried him around for about five or ten minutes. He was tired and needed cuddling so I picked him up and tried not to let him pull my shirt and reveal the scares on my belly button. It’s weird that carrying him would cause trouble though because I do lift weights and have no trouble doing that. I don’t know. My body just seems to be making trouble. Anyone else have these issues?


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this my stomach changes day to day

    ReplyDelete