Weight loss tracker

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Party time

Day 27 - 25.6 lbs


So I had an interesting weekend. Friday night I decided that it was time to try some wine. I love wine and I have missed it these last six weeks (pre and post-op). Many on my online support group claimed that alcohol affected them much more strongly after surgery and I was looking forward to being a light-weight. I’ve always had a good tolerance for my alcohol so I was actually hoping that my sleeve would make me more sensitive. But it didn’t. Or at least not that I noticed. I didn’t want to go crazy. I just enjoy a glass of wine when I am relaxing with my boyfriend in the evenings sometimes. So I had a glass. It felt very weird going down, kind of like I had an air bubble going down with each sip. But I didn’t think that I did. I took the advice of my support group and drank it VERY SLOWLY. I think it took me two hours or more to drink one glass. I didn’t feel anything.

Saturday was interesting too. My mom’s boyfriend was having a birthday party for his son. I like her boyfriend a lot and while I am not close at all to his kids I knew it would mean a lot to him if I showed up. I brought Coach with me too. It’s a little awkward being at a family party when you aren’t really part of the family and you don’t know half the people there. But whatever, it meant a lot to my mom and her boyfriend that we showed up. I didn’t want people to notice my weird eating habits. There were appetizers that I could taste, some soft cheese, and some hummus with pita bread. So I had a bite so I felt like everyone else who was munching. But then dinner came. I had a choice between Pizza or sandwiches. I wanted the pizza so bad, it smelled divine (really there is no other word for that smell). But I am trying to be healthy so I took half a turkey sandwich. I have had good luck with pita bread as long as I chew it well so I thought that I could handle the little half sandwich. WRONG!!!!! I had two bites before I felt that bread hit my stomach hard! I didn’t know what to do then. I sat there looking at everyone else eating and just couldn’t. My head was also reeling because for some reason I felt like I hadn’t eaten all day and my head was acting a little fuzzy. I had some small bites of potato salad that went down fine. Poor Coach noticed me not eating and started to fuss and worry about me. I had to tell him I was ok and try to act normal. I ended up taking the meat and cheese out of my sandwich and eating that. It helped me feel better at least and then my plate showed some evidence of food missing. I hope I didn’t stand out too much. On a good note: I wasn’t even tempted to have birthday cake. There were chocolate cover strawberries and I had two of those but that was it for me.

After we left the party Coach was hungry. He wasn’t crazy about unhealthy pizza either so we stopped at a big boy and had a second dinner. At that point I was feeling light headed again and thought I could use some protein. So I had an omelet. It was good but I was a little embarrassed that I could only eat a small fraction of it. Normally I would have brought it home with me for the next day but I didn’t feel like Big Boy omelets were worth the trouble. Coach was a little concerned after that. We are probably going away with his family at the end of July and he was wondering what I would do when we went out to eat. I told him that by then I should be able to eat most foods and that I would just be bringing home leftovers. I’ll eat the leftovers and if I don’t I’m sure he or his brother will. Those guys have man size appetites.

No comments:

Post a Comment