Weight loss tracker

Friday, June 11, 2010

Successes and a FAIL

23 days post-op

The last few days have given me a few things I consider accomplishments


1) I had coffee. I have been afraid of coffee since my surgery. Not for any good reason, I’ve just had this fear that coffee would upset my stomach. I had some the other morning. I didn’t have a lot but I had a few sips and my stomach had no problems with it.

2) I had a cup of berries. I have been sticking mostly to soup and blended foods but my mom had a big bowl of mixed berries in the fridge and it looked so good. I made sure I had chewed them really well and my stomach didn’t react badly.

3) I had capsules instead of tablets. I ran out of my tablets (which taste like ass). I called my doctor for a refill and they didn’t call me back so I had to take the capsules. They went down fine and I was exstatic because I don’t have to take the tablets anymore. Those made me gag every morning because they started dissolving before I could swallow. Then I felt sick afterwards. So now I can take the capsules and not be sick in the morning.

4) I had a bagel for breakfast. My work has bagel Friday every Friday and gets bagels brought in. I decided to give one a try this morning. I only ate about 1/3 of it with a little cream cheese. It tasted great. I chewed really well. I couldn’t believe how big a bagel looked to me. After the small amount I’ve been eating, even the half a bagel I put on my plate looked huge. I didn’t eat the whole half because I didn’t want to over do it. The 1/3 was all I needed.



These things seem simple but they are successes to me. But of course, you can’t have successes without a FAIL or two.

FAIL: I tried some soft chicken for lunch. Big Mistake! I thought it would be ok if I chewed really well, which I did. But it wasn’t. As soon as I finished my stomach got naucious and I ended up gagging in the bathroom. I wanted to throw up but I didn’t. I think that there just wasn’t enough in my stomach to throw up.



So four successes to one fail, I guess that is not too bad. This whole thing is supposed to be trial and error anyway. I just have to keep doing the best I can. I just have to work to add in more work outs in my week. I’ve made it to the gym twice and I will again this weekend. But I need to add in workouts at home each night. Gotta start sweating off the fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment