Weight loss tracker

Saturday, May 29, 2010

10 Days Post -Op

Sorry I haven't posted much the last few days, I just didn't feel like I had a lot to share. Let's see, what's new? Well I made it through the work week. I laid down in the back seat of my car during lunch hour but I made it through. Thursday morning I wasn't feeling so hot but I got better as the day went on and by the evening I was feeling like myself again. The dietitian called to check on me and gave me permission to add some tomato soup to my diet. It was so delicous! I am really getting sick of the boost and yogurt. I can't eat the yogurt any more. I just can't take it. I'm drinking my boost and some soup but that's it. I really wish I could add more soups to my diet. I am so sick of sweet stuff. I'd like some more savory stuff. My tummy  handled the tomato soup fine. There was some gurgling and gas but that's it. I didn't feel full but I just reached a point where I felt satisfied and like I didn't want anymore. I'm suprised because I expected to have more experiences where I felt sick from eating too much. But I am being really careful. I guess it's paying off since I haven't had any problems. My stomach doesn't hurt any more. I can lay on my stomach and my kitty can walk across me with out any trouble. My insicions itch though. I am still a little nervous about the belly button  one.

I am frustrated that it has been six days and I haven't lost anything. I expected stalls and everything but not right after surgery. I feel a little jilted because I didn't go through the surgery and that pain to not loose. It's a little nuts. I knew it would happen as my body adjusted but I really thought it would be a little longer after surgery. I lost 11 lbs before surgery and another 7 after. Then the scale said I gained a pound. Then it stayed stuck on the same weight ever since. I thought I'd at least have lost 20 before this started. I'm also bummed because I thought I could start working out again after week but apparently not. My doctor just said that he wanted me working out after a week. I have a gym membership and I do weights and cardio. I found out from my support group that I am supposed to wait six weeks to do weights. What a bummer. I'm disapointed. I'm going to call my doctor on tuesday to double check but It will probably be a few weeks before I get to do more than cardio.

I did go and get a 90 minute massage today. It was great! My back has been killing me since I got out of the hospital. The night they sent me home I didn't need the pain meds for my stomach but I almost took them for my back and neck. This really helped and invigorated me. I left the spa feeling great. It could very easily become addicting. I'll have to be careful because the last thing I need to do is go broke because of massages. I barely keep my Coach purse addiction under control I really don't need another one.

Well that's about it for now. I'll update you as things progress. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment