Weight loss tracker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One Week To Go!

Well, there isn’t a whole lot to report right now. I am one week away from surgery. Seven days left in this pre-op diet. Things are actually getting a little bit easier. I still crave real food but with much less intensity then before. I guess I’m getting used to the diet. I rarely get stomach hungry which is good. Last night mummy-dearest made popcorn just as I was about to go see Coach. I told her it smelled good and she got upset. She felt really guilty for making it when I can’t have any. I just sighed and said it was fine, at this point I just don’t care that much. But she was upset. She said “I hate that he is doing this to you for two weeks!” meaning my surgeon. I just shrugged. I’d be worried if he was less strict. Plus it could be worse. Some people on my online support group have to do this much longer than two weeks. So I’m taking it in stride now. Someone at my office is selling candy for charity and has it all sitting in the kitchen and I’m not even tempted. Occasionally my little orange hungry buddy dances by with a pizza or a hamburger but I can usually shoo him away pretty quickly by reminding myself I’m half way through. I know that after the surgery I won’t be hungry but I wonder if my mind or my mouth will still crave those foods. I still won’t be able to eat normal for a while after surgery plus even when I can I would probably only be able to get down a couple of bites so it seems pointless to try. I guess I’ll find out in a week.


I’m starting to get a little nervous. It minimally invasive surgery but the idea of getting cut into is a little freaky. And as weird as it sounds I don’t like that I have to take out my contacts. I know that seems weird but I wear one month disposables so I almost never take them out. I hate waking up and not being able to see so when I don’t sleep in my contacts I sleep in my glasses. Yes, I’m strange. But I am excited too. I am losing weight slowly and my pants fit a little nicer which makes me feel good. I am also napping a lot though. I’m low on energy from lack of food. Things are looking positive though!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm why do you have to remove your contacts? I'm freaked out about not wearing my wedding ring! LOL idk why! You're doing an awesome job and it is so helpful to read about your journey. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry,

    I don't know why I have to remove my contacts. It was just in the pre-op paperwork they sent me

    ReplyDelete