Weight loss tracker

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day three post op

Well I have spent the last three days on my back, and not in the good way. I am very sore but every day does get a little bit better. Yesterday I took some advice and used warm water to take my pills in the morning. It was discusting but I didn't get an upset stomach afterwards. Later I tried some boost and it actually made my stomach feel better. I only drink half a boost at a time which is four ounces because I am scared of puting too much in my stomach and getting sick. So I am basically  eating/drinking all of the time. I'll drink half a boost and then an hour later drink another half. Yesterday I managed to get down two and a half. Today I am going to attempt a yogurt and see how my stomach reacts to that. But if it's anything like the boost my tummy will be dancing for joy. I've been able to stay pretty well hydrated during the day. I keep a glass of water with me all the time and take two sips at a time. So I am constantly siping. I also have constant gas. Every time I drink/eat anything even water I end up burping. Even taking a shower yesterday gave me gas. Wierd huh? Today I actually showered, did my hair and make up and am wearing clothes instead of PJ's. 

I am even considering a trip to the store for more boost. My birthday is tomorrow and Coach really wants to take me to get my birthday present, which is a pair of those new sketchers shape-up flip flops. I might attempt that one too. We'll see. It's hard to be in one position for a long time, especially sitting or standing. I get winded just going up or down the stairs. But I am hoping that If I can practice sitting today then I will be ok for work tomorrow. I at least need to be able to sit at my desk all day. I don't need to do alot of walking so I just need to worry about wether I can sit for a long time with out laying down.

My poor kitty is having the hardest time with this because I won't let her sleep on my stomach. She has figured out that if she approaches me from the left side my hands fly up in panic and send her flying. So this morning she kept trying from the right side and I just kept telling her no. She kept trying for a while and then finally curled up next to me and I petted her there for a while. She must be so confused. I never lock her out of my room at night and I have been.

I think that it is pretty sad that my big accomplishments the last few days have been that I pooped (the nurse said that the pain meds could make me constipated), That I can lay on my sides and that I painted my nails. Wow what a weekend. My last steristrip fell off this morning so I can see all of the insisions clearly now. They aren't nearly as bad as I thought. The belly button will probably scar but the rest aren't too bad. I'll post pictures so you can see. Thanks for the support everyone!

My puncture  right under my ribs in the center









Incision under my left rib









Belly button 

No comments:

Post a Comment