Weight loss tracker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Six days Post Op

I’m back at work today. Sitting at my desk was much easier today then yesterday. I still do get uncomfortable but no pain. I almost didn’t come in today. I got up this morning and hit the snooze a few times because I was tired and then because I was scared of a repeat of yesterday. Finally I decided I would take a shower and get dressed and see how I felt then. I knew I would be late if I did go in but I figured that would be better than not going in at all. After my shower I did feel tired enough to lay down for a few minutes but I didn’t need to lay down between my makeup and my hair and I still felt pretty good after both of those. So I decided to give it a shot. I had less discomfort on my way to work and I really didn’t need to lay down after the drive but I did anyway (anything to help my chances of making it through the day). The morning went by pretty fast and at lunch I ran down to the car and laid down for ten minutes, again not because I had to but to prevent problems later. So far it seems to be working. My muscles are tired but at least there is no pain. I am tired actually. I had trouble falling asleep last night. I wish I could take a nap right now at my desk. But that’s not going to happen. So I’m figuring that I will probably leave a half hour or so early just because I’m so tired still.

Yesterday was my birthday and my mom was so upset that she couldn’t take me out to dinner. Coach took me to the store to get me a new pair of sketchers Easy Tone Flip Flops. We have tried a couple times but every time the selection is really bad. This was the worst yet because they only had one style and not in my size. So I left empty handed and Coach was upset that he didn’t have gift for me on my actual birthday. I really didn’t care but he did. So we went home and he ordered me two pairs online. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was really sweet of him to do that.

We also stopped by TCBY so I could have a little treat. I figured that if the yogurt was soothing to my tummy then frozen yogurt would be great. I got a small (7oz) coffee yogurt and ate a little more then half of it. I didn’t feel full but I felt satisfied and like I’d had enough. That is a new feeling for me. Usually I need to feel full to feel satisfied. It was interesting. I was listening to my body very carefully and I just got to a point where I felt like I didn’t need any more. So I stopped. If this is how I will feel all the time once I get to eat real food I will love it. So far I have been very careful about how much I eat because the last thing I want is to make myself sick or even just to feel sick. So I usually eat about four ounces and then wait an hour before my next four ounces. I’ve almost gotten to the point where I can get down the whole diet I am supposed to have. But I feel like I’m constantly eating/drinking. Especially since when I am not drinking my meals I am drinking water to stay hydrated. It amazes me though. I drink so much less water now because my stomach can’t hold it but I am still well hydrated.

My pain is gone for the most part. I have occasional aches but it’s mostly gone. I’m still having a little trouble brushing my teeth but I’m working on it. My belly button incision is still worrying me. It just freaks me out. I picture myself leaning forward and the thing busting open. I don’t know why. I’ve started wearing a bandage on it during the day just so I feel like it’s safer. I am wondering how long it actually takes my stomach to heal. I mean do I really need three weeks of the liquid diet or would two be enough. I don’t even want to speed everything up. I just want to add in some soups for a different flavor. I guess I’ll see how I feel when I reach week three. Also I wonder when I could go get a massage. I have been wanting one so badly. My back and neck aren’t sore anymore from the hospital but they still feel a little stiff and I would love to use my birthday money from my mom for a massage. That would be heavenly. But I’m not sure when that would be ok to do. Maybe I’ll call the doctor and ask. Hmmm. Well that’s all for now. I’m sure I have rambled enough for the last few days. As one of my friends does at the end of her e-mails I’ll leave you with this



-Hugs, Me

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're getting better. I wouldn't rush the liquid diet if I were you. Think of baklava lady! One thing leads to another.
    I'd def call the doc about a massage. I'll bet he'll say it's ok, and you'll feel better! If not, maybe you can get the kind where you lay in a recliner and they do your legs, arms, and head. That way no pressure on your tummy.
    *soft hugs!* (now I'm laughing inside because that's what we say in the Fibromyalgia forums, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks Sherry,

    I actually did call the Doctor and he said a back only massage was fine. He also said that I can cut out the yogurt (if I had one more I was gonna be sick) and I can have some tomato soup if I want. He said that should be ok. and I can substitute one boost and one yogurt for Carnation instant breakfast. So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete