Weight loss tracker

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In the Home Stretch!

We are getting to the home stretch! I have my surgery in fifteen days and tomorrow I start my pre-op diet. I’ve been looking forward to this for so long because I knew that the liquid diet would get me started on loosing weight. But now that it is here I’m thinking “ugh, I have to drink those protein shakes”. Yuck! But I am committed to this. Last night I mentioned to mummy-dearest that I wanted to eat something I enjoy because my diet is starting tomorrow. She laughed at me saying that it’s not like I’ll never eat again. But she doesn’t get it. I am preparing to change my whole life. I am completely committing to this which means totally rebuilding my relationship with food. She also hasn’t read all the stories from sleevers who have gone before me and how they feel after surgery. I am dedicating myself to this.

 My sleeve is going to be a tool to change my habits for the rest of my life. I will never sit down and eat a meal the same way I do now. I plan to be very careful not to stretch my sleeve out later and to get myself eating healthy. I am hoping that the smaller stomach will help me to have few food cravings and make it easier for me to eat healthy. I don’t plan on drinking pop anymore after the surgery because the carbonation can make your stomach expand. I don’t know if I will even like the same foods after surgery. Some people have said that after surgery they are no longer able to tolerate certain foods. Their stomachs react badly. Some people have said that they don’t like foods that they used to enjoy because their tastes changed. That is what I am preparing myself for. I am expecting that once I get used to my sleeve food will no longer be a major focus in my life. She doesn’t get that I am saying goodbye to my evil ways to head into a better future. That sounds dramatic, but that is how it feels. I will never be the same after this. I am determined and have a firm mindset that I am going to do this the right way. Which means no cheating and no going back to bad habits. I was horrified to hear that her friend who had the sleeve a few months ago is heading back in the wrong direction. She is still losing but not as fast as she could be and she knows that it is her own fault. She is eating the wrong thing and too much. After what I have heard from the online support group I have no idea how she managed to eat an entire tray of baklava the other day, even a little bit at a time. And I can’t comprehend after all she has gone through why she would do that to herself. I am determined that I will not do that. For those of you who are wondering, here is my pre-op diet that I will be starting tomorrow. I have to be on this for two weeks before my surgery to shrink my liver.




Breakfast: 1 Boost and 1 yoplait light

Lunch: 1 Boost and 1 yoplait light

Dinner 1 Boost



I am allowed to have diet pop and plain coffee. I am also allowed two sugar free jellos a day and two cups of low sodium beef or chicken broth. That’s it. That’s all she wrote. I can also use crystal light but no juice. I have to stop all vitamins and stay away from green tea and aspirin. It’s gonna be a fun two weeks ;/ Especially on days I work out. I am guessing that I am going to be tired and crabby for a while. But I can do it. I just keep reminding myself that it is only two weeks. After that my stomach will be tiny and I won’t be hungry. I know it’s going to be worth it.

 I went through my closet and looked at all of my old skinny clothes. I love them. They are all so pretty. I can’t wait to fit back into them. And I figure I can take the fat clothes to the consignment shop to get money for new skinny clothes once I am thin again. So exciting! I do keep thinking about Mr Crabby-pants and what he said about all this. I don’t know why it bothers me since usually I don’t give a flying F what he thinks. But it keeps pestering me. Oh well. Nothing to be done.



FIFTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. For me the preop diet was doable, but after about the first week, I completely lost my appetite and had to force down those stupid shakes. UGH! I hate shakes now, but I still drink them b/c I am a bum and I never cook myself anything. Anyway, I just want to tell you good luck and you will be on the losers bench before you know it :D

    ReplyDelete