Weight loss tracker

Monday, May 10, 2010

9 more days

I am very pleased to say that I made it through the weekend without cheating. It wasn’t easy but it wasn’t as hard as I thought either. I had expected that I would have that painful hunger feeling in my stomach all the time on this diet. But that isn’t the case. I get very hungry occasionally but for the most part the hunger in my stomach isn’t bad. The mental hunger is another issue. While the purpose of the diet is to shrink your liver for surgery the pre-op diet also serves another purpose. It breaks all those bad eating habits you have established. For example, Friday night was really hard on me because I was home alone. The little devil on my shoulder kept whispering “I could cheat and no one would know”. Now normally on a night like Friday night when everyone was busy and no one was at home I would order a carryout of one of my favorite meals, open a bottle of wine, and relax with a movie and enjoy some me time. So this week while my stomach wasn’t that hungry my head kept shouting at me that I needed to get back into that routine. Routine = feeling good, diet = feeling bad. My brain was driving me nuts putting tempting pictures in it so I wanted desperately to cheat. I didn’t want to though so I called Red and told her I was feeling that way. So now when that little devil said “No one’s here, I could cheat and no one would know” the little angel on my shoulder could bitch slap the devil and tell her that Red would know. I did make it through the night and was much happier for it.


Saturday was a blah day. I didn’t have much energy and was a little foggy headed. So I didn’t really do anything. I laid around and watched TV and took a nap. I did spend the evening with Coach and spent a while talking with his mom explaining the diet to her. He was so cute. He was going to have a drink and wanted to know if it was ok to have some whiskey in front of me. I laughed and said it was fine. Now food might have been a different matter. But I could handle him drinking just fine. Sunday was tough. I was basically exhiled to my office all day. Mr Crabby-Ass and Mr. Not-So-Crabby-Ass cooked dinner for Mummy-dearest and it smelled so good. I was actually ok until dinner time though. Before that I spent some time downstairs talking with them and Mr. Crabby-Ass must have been in a good mood because he was actually nice to me for a change. I went to the gym with Coach and when I came home my Aunt and Grandfather were there for dinner. It was a little embarrassing not to eat with everyone. I’m not telling anyone about the surgery though so Mummy-dearest just told them that I was on a diet and didn’t want to eat that dinner. My grandpa was actually ok with that.

So now I have nine more days before the surgery, this is day six of the diet. I’ve lost 4.4lbs so far. I’m not letting myself weight myself every day though. I think I’ll feel better if I see bigger drops then I would weighting myself every day. I weighted myself after two days on the diet and had lost 1.2lbs and then a couple days later and I had lost 4.4lbs. For the first pound was like, ok that’s good I guess. I was much happier to see the four pound loss. So trying to go every couple of days without weighting myself will probably be better. I can’t wait until my clothes start getting big on me. That will be exciting. Nine more days still seems like a long time. I feel kinda crappy today. I woke up feeling nauseous and I have been getting more light headed as the day goes on. I also feel physically exhausted. My muscles feel weak and tired. They did tell me to expect that though. Well back to work! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment