Weight loss tracker

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Clothing Wars

64 Days post-op


-35lbs, -1inch neck, -4inches hips, -4 inches waist



Last Saturday I went to my two month appointment with my surgeon to check my progress. I had set a goal for myself to have lost by that date and I did it! My surgeon had told me that I could lose all the weight that I want to lose in six months which comes out to about three pounds a week so that has been my goal. Sometimes I’ll only drop one or two pounds in a week but the next week I usually drop more to make up for it. So I met the goal I had set and my doctor was very happy with me. He told me it is just a matter of burning off the fat I have stored and that if I increase my work out a bit I will lose even faster.

So of course, after all that positive my weight loss has stalled this week. I haven’t dropped an ounce which is frustrating. I’ve been picking apart everything I eat to try to stay under my 800 calories but it seems like the harder I try the worse I seem to do. I don’t know why that is. But it seems like if I think about it less I actually consume less. Strange how that works. I need to figure something out though. I know stalls are normal and that they happen to everyone but I am so close to fitting into a size smaller pants I am just desperate to drop. I tried on a ton of clothes this week and found a bunch that fit me again. Along with some that are just on the edge of fitting again. So I moved those to the front of my closet. I have an awesome huge walking closet where I rotate my clothes so that the current season is in the front and I keep it very organized according to clothing type, now I’m having to add size in there. But it’s good. I’ve started a box for things I have shrunk out of. There are only three things in it right now but it’s a start.

I really don’t understand clothes though. I think that clothing designers purposely try to drive the public crazy. It’s a conspiracy. I had four pairs of pants from two different stores (3 from one and one from another) they were all the same size. Two of them where so big that if you gave them a tug they would have fallen off me. The other two were just tight enough that they didn’t want to button. I don’t get how that is possible. Plus, I had a huge discount at a clothes store so I ordered some skinny clothes to help me stay motivated. As I was hanging them up I was amazed how much smaller a 10 now looks compared to the 10 I bought back when I was a 10. I hope I make it into those pants or I’ll be mad, even if they were dirt cheap. I think it’s all a big conspiracy to keep big girls from feeling good about themselves. Even if you loose the weight you won’t fit back into that ideal size in your head because they make that size much smaller now. So you might as well eat the cake. Well not me. I’m going to push myself and find the time to add in more of a workout and kick my butt until it melts off! Size 10 here I come! And the same goes for 8 and maybe even 6! Six months from now I will be where I want to be! You won’t even recognize me!

No comments:

Post a Comment