Weight loss tracker

Monday, August 30, 2010

More Restrictions

Saturday was my three month check up with my surgeon. He was happy with me because I have continued to lose weight and he says my incisions are healing nicely. I talked to him about my stall and he said he had the answer to why I’ve stopped losing. I’m taking in too many calories. He says I need to cut back from my 800 to 600 calories. And I should increase my cardio. Yippee(I’m sure you can hear my enthusiasm).


In some ways it’s not a big deal to cut back. I mean it’s only two hundred calories and It’s not like I’ll be hungry. But it’s difficult to get enough protein with only 600 calories and it means I really have to limit my choices. Not much variety for me anymore. My plan for my basic diet is

Breakfast : Oatmeal ( I usually only eat half a package of sugar free instant but sometimes a whole one) 55-110 calories

Lunch: veggies with a little ranch dressing and a Carnation Instant breakfast shake ( about 200 calories)

Snack: ½ a bottle of Isopure Protein water (75 calories)

Dinner: Carnation Instant Breakfast (150 calories)

That will leave me with a little bit left over for a small snack if I am hungry. Yippee. Very boring. I might be able to substitute a cup of soup for lunch some times. Hopefully this will start working and my weight loss will start up again. Then I’ll feel more motivated to stick to this diet.

On a Non-diet related note: I got a new car this weekend!!! I am so excited. I have been saving for a long time to buy myself a new car. Luckily my brother just got a job at Ford so I got his discount, and I got a really good price on my trade in. So I had just enough for my new car. I love it. It’s so nice and fun to have a new car!

4 comments:

  1. Why no meat? Chicken and turkey have very low calories and are high in protien. I also almost eat at least one string cheese a day low calories a boost of protien and no carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about using protein shakes instead of the Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes? The Chike ones taste really good and the protein would probably really help jump start your weight loss again. I also LOVE string cheese and plan on eating it for protein every day after my surgery.

    How much protein does your nutritionist tell you to eat per day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm trying to make this as easy as possible. I have trouble because I live with my mother and brother and when I buy food they always use it before I can. So if I buy say some plain chicken breasts to cook they will be eaten before I manage to use them. Also I am terrible about remembering to pack a lunch for work so if I can just grab a shake and throw it in my bag it's easier. I switch between the Carnation instant breakfast shakes (sugar free) and the special K protein shakes because I like them. String cheese or cheese sticks are a snack I use when I have the extra calories. I am supposed to get 40-50 grams of protein a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The EAX Myoplex Lite are ready to drink and have 20 grams of protein and a lot of people in my surgeon's program love them. I haven't tried them yet, but it's on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete