Weight loss tracker

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation Recap

Hello friends,




I know it’s been a while but I haven’t had a ton to say. My vacation was a lot of fun. I had a great time with Coach and his family. I definitely felt more comfortable in a bathing suit this year and I even found out one of my suits is now too big. Unfortunately it was too big in the boobs. I didn’t think I’d lost weight there really but I must have. I did have a mishap with the jet ski that I have not last year. It kind of surprised me because you would think that being 40lbs heavier last year would have caused this. I got a burn on the inside of my thighs from bouncing back and forth on the jet ski. Embarrassing and painful! So I had to buy a pair of Men’s swim trunks to wear on the jet ski to protect my poor legs.

I wasn’t so good about my diet while I was away. It was hard because they had a lot of snacks out and someone was always munching on something. So I occasionally found myself grazing on pretzels or cheese. I also felt like I ate bigger meals then I usually do. I don’t think I actually did because if you think about it I still only ate half a chicken breast but it felt like more for some reason. I did also have ice cream. Twice! The real stuff too, not the lowfat yogurt. But each time I could only eat half a scoop so really that wasn’t too bad. I did keep track of my calories and I was close to my 800 but I did go over a bit. I still lost two pounds that week so I couldn’t have been too bad. I was worried though. I was afraid to hop on the scale after I got back. I would have been heartbroken if I had gained weight.

I did also learn one more lesson. The dietitian told me that high fiber veggies would be hard to digest for a while. I love asparagus and we had it with dinner the first night I was away. I decided a little bit couldn’t hurt. So I had two pieces. I was wrong. Right after dinner I ended up throwing everything back up thanks to that high fiber asparagus. So I will still have to be careful of those veggies for a while. Now I have to try to get back into good habits now that I’m home.



Today will be interesting. My entire company is going to the tiger’s game this afternoon. We are walking distance from the stadium and will have a picnic lunch there. Last time I had something like this with work I was able to avoid eating but this time I won’t be able to. So we will have to see what happens. I think I will be ok though. I’ve been able to bluff the whole eating thing pretty well so far. Well I need to try to get some work done before the game. Have a good day everyone and I will write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment