Weight loss tracker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Shout Out and a Rant

Good Morning Readers! First thing, I have to give a big shout out and Congratulations to the Wanning Woman for hitting her 100 pound loss! Big cheers for her joining the Centruary club! I’m so happy for you! And a little jealous which is small of me.


So Saturday is my next visit to my surgeon and I am so frustrated! My weight loss slowed down and now it has just stalled completely. ARGH! I even changed out the batteries in my scale, hoping that it was inaccurate because it was flashing low battery. No such luck! So Tuesday I started a semi liquid diet to try to jump start the weight loss. Sometimes changing what you are eating helps. I am trying not to drop calories though. I am trying to keep to my 800 calories but use this to change what I am eating and to up my protein. I have a protein shake for breakfast, I eat real food for lunch, I have my protein water for an afternoon snack (no sugar, 40gm of protein 160 calories), and then a protein shake for dinner. If I feel hungry or need more calories I have something like a cheese stick for a snack. So far nothing has happened. It hasn’t helped. If I don’t get some movement by the weekend I will go completely back to the pre-op liquid diet. I am at -48lbs and I want to at least hit fifty by Saturday. I should have lost 56 right now to stay on course to loose everything in six months.

To add to the frustration/confusion of all this my pants feel loose. I don’t get it. I haven’t lost a pound since I first started wearing these pants last Monday. Last Monday I wore these pants for the first time and they were a little tight. Since them I have worn them a few times and I have washed and dryed them. I thought they would be tight again after washing them but no, they aren’t. They feel loose and they look a little loose too. I don’t get it. While that is good it just adds to the frustration.

Saturday I went to a BBQ with some bigger friends of my boyfriend’s. I was doing ok at first just nibbling at the chips and dip. But when they brought out burgers earlier then I was ready for I was worried everyone would notice how little I was eating compared to everyone else. Between that and everything to drink being carbonated I was almost ready to come clean about my surgery. But I didn’t. I managed to sit behind a ton of chip bags so no one saw my plate. But ever since I have been wanting carbs. It’s weird. I haven’t had food cravings much since surgery. If I do have them it has been just a twinge that I could ignore. But the last few days it’s been annoying. I don’t know why I just want to eat chips and pizza. My work provided pizza for lunch the other day and I had one piece but since then I have wanted more. It’s just so strange to have cravings and it’s weird to crave something that I can barely eat. I mean I can have a few bites but they fill me up quickly. Usually if I can only eat a tiny bit of something, I loose my craving after I think of that. Very strange.



Well everyone, Wish me luck and cross your fingers that I manage to end this stall. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Generally, I am what I lovingly refer to as a blog stalker. I almost never post. But I figured I would just make a quick comment. I am pre-op and (unfortunately in my waiting), heading in the wrong direction. However I weigh myself pretty regularly and I am finding the strangest thing, my clothes are getting tighter, but I am not gaining weight on the scale. I gain a pound, lose a pound, but I know I am getting bigger, clothes do not lie, and don't shrink week after week. So I am hoping that after surgery I remember in some twisted way how the scale isn't the measure of whats going on in my body. But eventually that thing is going to catch up with what I am doing. But then it will be in a good way. That's all. Oh and carbs are the devil...lol.. -C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. You can blog stalk my blog any time, It's ok if you don't post. I'll keep what you said in mind when I start to get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out. Its really freaking cool. You're not jealous, you just wanna be like me when you grow up. lol

    Stalls DO eventually break, but you don't have to tell me how frustrating they are. You aren't suddenly cured of weight/food obsessions just because you had surgery. You're still human

    love you and thank you for all of your support

    ReplyDelete